Chapter 35

Cilla was trying hard to concentrate on getting things ready for opening but the wall was distracting her. Every time she looked over she could see herself and Jon plastered against it. Thinking about him upstairs in her bed wasn’t helping much either. She shook her head, get with it Cil. With a sigh she slid the trays of cookies into the oven; it was going to be a long day if she kept this up.

Sid walked in and found her staring at the wall, “good morning Cilla.” Startled out of her musings, her face flushed as she greeted Sid, “hey Sid.” He studied her as he retrieved his apron, “how’s my girl today?”

She dragged herself off the stool and slid the trays from the oven, “just fine Sid. You?” He watched her carefully, “what’s going on with you Cil?” Sliding the brownies into the oven she turned to look at him, “nothing, why? He watched as she glanced over at the wall again, “you keep staring at the wall, what is wrong with you?” She smiled at him as she transferred the still warm cookies, “absolutely nothing is wrong Sid.”

He saw her look at the wall again, “did you see Jon last night?” She nodded her head, “yes, yes I did.” He moved to help her with the cookies, “OH MY GOD, you didn’t.” He narrowed his eyes at Cilla, “did you?” She couldn’t look at him, “I don’t know what you’re talking about Sid.”

She was a terrible liar. Sid stilled her hands and turned her to face him, “you and Jon, last night, right there” he pointed to the wall “against that wall. Tell me I’m wrong.” She dropped her eyes, “you’re wrong.” He shook his head, “Oh no girl you look me in the eye and tell me.”

Cilla sighed, she couldn’t do it. She just couldn’t lie to Sid. “You’re not wrong Sid. He was here and we did.” Sid stood open-mouthed in disbelief. “Here” almost reverently he touched the wall, “right here you had him naked in this kitchen. I think I need to sit down.” Cilla laughed as she took the brownies out of the oven, “chill Sid. We weren’t totally naked.”

He fanned his face with his hand, “damn. I knew I should have installed a security camera in here. I miss all the good stuff.” She patted him on the shoulder, “you missed more than our naked asses in here Sid.” He eyed her, “oh, do tell.” She lifted two trays to take out front, “he told me he loves me.” Sid grabbed a couple of trays and followed her out to the front. “What? Wait, what did you say?”

Cilla slid the trays into the cases and stood, “he told me he loves me Sid.” He set his trays down and pulled her into a hug, “oh honey that’s wonderful. You love him too, right? You told him, right?” Cilla sighed, “I do, I did, but…” She trailed off and Sid looked down at her, “but what?”

She stepped away from him, “I didn’t tell him right away and I think I hurt him. I wasn’t expecting that and I wasn’t sure what to do with it.” They went back into the kitchen, “you did tell him at some point last night, right?” They grabbed the last of the trays and Cilla told him everything that she had said to Jon.

Sid stacked the empty trays, “you told him and that’s really what matters. I’m sure he understood your need to mull it over before saying anything.” Sid smiled at her, “I really am happy for you Cil. You deserve this after everything you’ve been through. He’s a good man and he’ll treat you right.” Cilla smiled at Sid and thought of Jon up in her bed. “Can you handle things here for a little bit?” Sid flipped the sign to ‘Open’ and unlocked the door, “sure. I’ll be fine. Where’re you going?” She headed to the kitchen door, “upstairs. I’ll be back.”

She walked into her apartment and slipped off her shoes, pants and shirt. She tiptoed over to her door and peeked around, he was still sleeping. She smiled at the tousled honey-brown hair and the night’s growth on his cheeks. Clad in her pale pink camisole and lace boy shorts she slid in next to him, curling into his warmth.

Jon moved and came in contact with a warm body. He was sure he remembered Cilla leaving earlier but maybe he had only dreamt it. He cracked an eye open pleasantly surprised to see her lying there next to him. “I thought you went to work.” She stroked her fingers across his stubbly cheek. “I did.” He slid closer and with his eyes still closed he pressed his lips against the side of her head, “what’re you doing back in bed then?”

Cilla moved and tangled herself with him, wrapped her self around him, pressed a kiss to his adam’s apple “I couldn’t help but think of you up here all alone. I thought you might like some company.” His lips found hers as his hands skimmed down her back and cupped her lace-clad butt; pulling her flush against him, his morning erection pressed against her belly, “I like the way you think Sweets.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great chapter!!! I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses.

Anxiously waiting for more.

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Please hurry...i'm really liking this story!!

Next Chapter please

 
©2009 Sweet Dreams | by TNB