Chapter 10

Cilla was humming softly when Sid swept into the shop in the morning. He tied his apron and kissed her cheek. "Someone's in a good mood today." Cilla smiled, "as a matter of fact I am." Together they took cookies, brownies, cinnamon buns and tarts to the front to load the cases. "Don't make me pry it out of you Cil, come on, you're killing me here." Sid leaned on the case and waited for Cilla to finish.

She stacked the empty trays and started toward the back before answering him. "We had a nice time last night Sid. What else can I tell you?" He dropped the trays in the sink, "details honey, I want the details." She looked up at the ceiling and rolled her eyes, "of course you do. Where would you like me to start? With where we went, what we had to eat or when he kissed me?"

Sid's eyes nearly bugged out of his head with that last tidbit. "He kissed you?! She nodded, "yep, should I start there?" Sid shook his head yes but his mouth said no. "Start at the beginning. Where did he take you and how did he look?"

Cilla told him everything from how amazing Jon looked in his white dress shirt and exquisitely tailored black pants to the dinner he arranged on his roof top to the dance that led to the sweetest kiss she could remember receiving.

"God Cil, that is just so romantic. I can't believe he did all that." Cilla smiled, "he did go to a lot of trouble just for dinner, but he said something about not wanting to be bothered by photographers." He laid a hand on her shoulder, "it must be hard having your picture taken every time you venture outside. I'm glad for you that he took that into consideration. Now, the kiss, were his lips as soft as I like to think?"

Cilla blushed, "they were Sid. It was just barely a kiss but, yeah, his lips were very soft." He winked at her, "I just knew it. He has an amazing mouth, him and that Richie Sambora, very full kissable lips." Cilla laughed, "God Sid does Mark know how you lust after these other guys?" Sid stepped toward the door, smile on his face, "of course he does, but I only look, so he's okay with it." Cilla shoved him, "you're lucky. Now get to work!"

While Cilla was working Jon was sipping his coffee on the terrace. His thoughts were of the night before. After he took Cilla home he sat right here with the wine wondering about her and here he was again, Cilla still on his mind. He wanted to see her again. He wanted to kiss her again, taste her fully, hell he wanted her in his bed if he was being honest. She was so unlike any of the women he had dated since he and Dot split and he wanted to know more about her. Taking a last swig of his coffee he headed inside. He was going to go for a run.

"Cookie, tart or brownie" Sid called out as the bell over the door jangled. Jon laughed, "you always answer the bell like that?" Sid turned from the kitchen door and nearly swallowed his tongue. There in front of him was one very hot, sweaty Jon. He smiled, "sure, keeps the customers on their toes. What can I get for you today Jon?" Taking his sunglasses off Jon studied the cases, "just an oatmeal cookie I guess. Is she in the back again today?" Sid grabbed a glove and reached for the cookie, "yeah. Do you want to go back there?" Jon thought about how he found her yesterday, "maybe you should just send her out here."

He had just put the last bit of cookie in his mouth when Cilla appeared. "Hi Jon, what brings you by today?" He walked over to her and kissed her cheek, "I was hungry after my run." Cilla wasn't buying it. "You ran and then you came for something sweet, kinda defeats the purpose don't you think?" He laughed, "yeah, I guess. Are you busy later?" Before she could answer the bell over the door jangled. As the customers came in Jon tugged her over to the far corner, "so, are you busy later?"

She shook her head, "no, I'm not. Why?" He crumpled the square of wax paper his cookie had been wrapped in, "I'd like to see you again." Cilla didn't hesitate, "I'd like that Jon, but instead of going out, how about if you come to my place?" He agreed, "okay, how about seven again?" She nodded, "that's fine." More people came in and she had to help Sid, "I have to get back to work Jon, but I'll see you later." He kissed her cheek before he left, "see you tonight."

2 comments:

lori said...

Lovin' it so far!

Peg said...

So glad Cilla is taking a chance on Jon. Can't wait for more!!

 
©2009 Sweet Dreams | by TNB