Chapter 72

Waiting for her laptop to boot up Cilla looked around. Her kitchen was in order, Paul had come to pick up the cannolis for Richie and the others, the cookies for after the Central Park show were in the refrigerator waiting to be decorated and she had three orders ready to be picked up the following day. She could close up and watch the press conference with Sid in peace.

“Sid” she called from the door, “lock the door and pull the gate. It’s just about time.”

He met her in the kitchen, “did I miss anything?”

She rolled her eyes, “no you didn’t miss anything. Now sit there on that stool and be quiet.”

They sat through Mayor Bloomberg, patiently waiting for Jon to have his turn. When he stepped up to the microphone Cilla sighed. He had gotten his hair cut and he looked so good in that shade of blue. She squirmed in her seat. She could hardly wait to see him later.

Sid watched her, smirking at her restlessness. “Feeling a little anxious are we?”

She could feel the blush staining her cheeks, “so what if I am? Can you blame me?”

“Hell no. If it were me, I would have been down there with him so I could haul his ass home with me the second he was finished.” He grinned at her, “but that’s just me.”

Jon gave his speech, garnering a laugh from the crowd when he corrected the Mayor on his reference to Simon & Garfunkel and a roar of approval when he announced the concert.

Sid grabbed her arm, “Central Park?! They’re playing a free show in Central Park?! That was what ‘CP’ was yesterday? How could you keep that to yourself?”

She shut down the computer. “I had to Sid, I gave Jon my word. Now I have to go change and get over to his place.”

He didn’t move from his seat. She wrapped her arms around him from behind, “I’m sorry Sid, really. But I think I have a way to make it up to you.”

He craned his head around to look at her, “doubtful, but what is it?”

She smiled, “Jon says I have three tickets for that show. Unless you and Mark are busy, two are yours.”

A smile split his face, “okay, that helps. You really have tickets for me and Mark?”

She nodded her head, “yes, I do. Not only that, we’re going to be distributing the tickets from here as well. I’ll find out the details and keep you posted. Can I go change now?”

He slid off the stool and hugged her, “go, enjoy yourself and give Jon a big wet kiss for me.”

They walked out the back door together, “I’m sure I’ll enjoy myself, but I’m not kissing Jon for you. You’ll have to do that yourself.”

Sid stopped and turned back to look at her, “don’t tempt me. You know I will.”

She climbed a few stairs. “I know” she chuckled, “I want to see what he would do.” Sid’s laughter followed her up the stairs.

~

Jon paid the cab driver and let himself into the building. He wanted to change his clothes and go see Cilla. He was trying to decide where to take her for dinner when he opened the door to his apartment and stopped. There was music playing, something low and bluesy. He wondered if Richie had decided to stay here instead of at the hotel.

“Rich” he called out, “is that you? What are you doing here? I thought you were staying at the hotel with the rest of the guys.”

Cilla stepped to the doorway of the kitchen, a wine glass in each hand. She held one out to him. “Sorry to disappoint. I can leave and you can call Richie if you’d rather.”

His head whipped around. The mile high heels had him hard and the tousled mass of her hair against the lavender silk had him hurrying across the room, “oh hell no.”

Taking the wine glasses he set them down on the nearest flat surface and pressed her back against the wall. Before she could say anything his mouth was on hers; sweet and welcoming, hungry and demanding.

Leaving her lips bruised and swollen, he nibbled along her jaw. Fisting a hand in her hair, he tugged her head back and tasted a path down her long, creamy neck. He traced tiny circles where he could feel her pulse racing. "What are you doing here?" he mumbled. He really didn’t care, he was just glad she was.

"Brought you dinner" she breathed as she fumbled with the buttons of his shirt. She needed to touch him, needed him to touch her. They had only been apart a few days, maybe a week, how could the need of him, the want of him be this powerful? She felt the strap of her dress slide down her arm and his hot, wet mouth skimmed across her shoulder. “So sweet” he murmured against her.

His fingertips whispered over her smooth thighs, sliding her dress higher, bunching it around her waist. Cupping her ass he lifted her off her feet. His mouth captured hers again and he ground his hips against her.

Finally managing to get all the buttons open on his shirt, she pushed it and his jacket off his shoulders, leaving it as her mouth feasted on the broad expanse in front of her. He struggled to get the shirt and jacket off. “Cil” he drew her mouth from his skin. She looked at him questioningly. “Cuffs.”

In short order his jacket and shirt were on the floor and his hands were under her dress. He groaned when he discovered she was braless. “God you make me crazy when you do this.” Her head thunked against the wall as he kneaded the soft flesh and rolled a nipple between his thumb and finger.

Drawing the dress higher, he slid it off and tossed it behind him. Tracing a circle around her nipple he groaned when her hips flexed against his in reaction. Holding her tighter he did it again before finally sucking it into his mouth.

Cilla’s head lolled against the wall. She ground her hips against him, trying to ease the ache he was causing. Her hands dropped from his shoulders to his waist, frantic fingers searched out his belt.

His grip tightened on her hips when her hand wrapped around him. He grappled with the scrap of lace she wore, needing to be inside her more with every touch, every stroke.

Pulling her hand from him, he pressed inside her. She was so wet, so ready for him he thought he might come right then. Before he could catch his breath, she rolled her hips. She needed him to move. His eyes met hers, the gray so dilated they were nearly black. “Please” she begged. He pressed his lips to hers and moved. His pace was furious, his hips pounded into her, driving her quickly to a screaming release.

The echo of her cries had barely faded when he added his own groan as he emptied inside her.

Unable to keep his legs under him, Jon slowly slid them down to the floor, she astride him, he was still buried inside her. Breathing heavy he rested his head against her shoulder, her head dropped back against the wall. She stroked her hands up and across his shoulders. “So, you were glad to see me then?”

Jon rolled his head off her shoulder, pressing kisses along her neck and up to her mouth. “No” he managed a chuckle for her. “Not at all.”

2 comments:

alicefayenjbj said...

"So are you happy to see me?" "No Not at all" To fave lines of the whole chapter.

So glad i checked for a new chapter. Got some new taste for you...try making bread pudding with him... really great hands on experience. I can see it now lot of hands slipping around in the custard... breaking the bread... soaking the bread.... okay now I need to shower. LOL

JohnnaJovi said...

"So are you happy to see me?" "No not at all" That was the best part!!!! LOL

Anyhow, after reading Chapter 72 I definitely need an ice cold shower before I head off to work.

Can't wait to read more, Queenie!!!!

 
©2009 Sweet Dreams | by TNB